I know I might be a little biased but, in my opinion, missionaries are the cream of the crop. As Thanksgiving is coming up this month I was thinking about the many things I am thankful for when I comes to missionaries. I am thankful that:
– You have answered the call of God to reach people
– You are willing to make sacrifices of all kinds for the Lord
– You are willing to face difficulties so that others can hear of Jesus
– You trust in the Lord for His provision
– You have endured tough times and remained on task
– You are still on the field reaching people
– I thank the Lord for the friendship I have with many of you
– I could go on and on about YOU
Thank you for sharing the Gospel where God has called you!
This month I will be traveling to Pakistan with Mike Esquibel (our Media Coordinator) to celebrate with our missionaries 60 years of BBFI missionary work in Pakistan. That is amazing. Please pray for safety on this trip.
We have been able to purchase various equipment including musical instruments, for the ministry of some of our MKs through the proceeds of our Kidz4Mkz VBS offerings program. If you would like for us to consider your children as a possible recipient, please contact Jill as funds will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Also, plans are underway for a 2018 edition of the VBS program to raise more funds on behalf of our MKs.
There are a few who have asked about the recent developments in the Mission Office since we have had several Associate Directors transitioning to other ministries lately. I want to assure you that the Mission Office is doing fine and in a strong position financially. These changes will not hinder us in serving you and your churches as we always have. I am in the process of replacing those who have transitioned to other ministries. Please pray for wisdom; that God will lead us to the right person for each position.
We are aware of the recently organized network of pastors. We have been assured that they are not starting a new clearinghouse and are completely behind the Mission Office and the services we provide. Pastors and leaders have been expressing their support for the Mission Office. Listen, you, the missionaries, are an important part of the BBFI and we all want to help you be successful in following God’s call upon your lives and ministries.
I have a few thoughts to share as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Dwight L. Moody once said, “Careful for nothing, prayerful for everything, thankful for anything.”
- Psalm 136:1 says, “O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.”
And one final thought, “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” We are thankful for all God has done for us – that is why we share His Gospel. Jesus paid it All – ALL to Him I owe!
Have a great month of November! (Can you believe it’s already that time of year?)